Tuesday, March 25, 2008

thing 15

I looked at Second Life. It was a neat program that had a number of designs. I had a hard time moving around, the directions seem easy, the introduction. It seems easy, if you know exactly what you are doing. The orientation seemed very long and very time consuming. I do have an account on Second Life and I will spend more time on it, when I can find time. It seems like a program like Second Life will be a program that would be useful to students, but I feel that someone has to put some requirements or specifications on the site to block certain things from going on. There is some adult content that would need to be monitored and addressed.

I think games are nice, but would be better suited for a public library, then a school library. Most school media centers don't allow games and our policy is not to let students play games during the school day. This is a policy that is mostly likely in most schools, but I also think that the servers would be clogged also.

No comments: